Tuesday, May 26, 2009

TWD - Chipster Topped Brownie


This week’s TWD recipe is chipster topped brownie and was chosen by Beth of Suppilicious. This is one recipe that I have had my eye on for a very long time and was a good one to make with my chocolate loving sister coming up for the weekend! The chipster topped brownie has a brownie base and a chocolate chip cookie topping. Kind of like having your cake and eating it too! Before I read the recipe properly I thought that this may be a brownie with blobs of cookie dough throughout it, but it actually has a complete cookie layer on top.

I halved the recipe to make a 20cm square brownie. The brownie layer is a fairly usual brownie layer, although it wasn’t as dark chocolatey as I usually like my brownie to be. But, I realised after adding the cookie layer and baking the brownie, that the less rich chocolate brownie layer was perfect with the biscuity topping.

My first bite of this brownie, I wasn’t 100% sold. But, everyone else loved it, so I braved a second piece and it was delicious! I think it improved with age. I think it is more picnic than dessert food, but this was a fun recipe to make as the novelty factor was high. See what the other TWDers thought here.

19 comments:

Marthe said...

Your brownies look perfect, way better than my gooey mess!!

Cakelaw said...

Great looking chipster brownies Tammy! I found the brownies to be very rich, but this may be because I messed with the types of chocolate and used Whittakers 72% for the whole thing.

Amanda said...

Yours look so perfect. I was impatient and cut mine before they cooled completely, but that's because I waited until today to make them and needed the diminishing daylight for pics! They aren't my favorite, the brownie bottoms are a bit too dry for me, but they won't go to waste ;)

Elyse said...

Any dessert that improves with age is a winner in my book. These chipster-topped brownies sound excellent! I'm so glad everyone loved them--and it's no wonder why; they look delish!

Di said...

Those look good, Tammy! I definitely liked these better the second day, too.

Leslie said...

I'm so relieved to see yours looks a lot like mine does! I haven't cut into it yet but it definitely is a much brittler top than I'm used to. I'm glad you liked it the second time you tried it! This one was fun, wasn't it?

vibi said...

The novelty factor was indeed pretty high, fun to make and cool to look at ...for the two tone bites.

But unlike you... hummm... I never ended liking them so much. Everyone else liked them here though.

I'm glad you had a change of heart!

Charli said...

Those look superb! I really enjoyed the 'novelty factor' on this one too.

What's for Supper? said...

Glad that you liked them. They look great. I wish that I would have halved the recipe.

Nancy/n.o.e said...

I made a pb version and it also improved with age and cooling. Yours looks delicious! Glad you liked it.

Jacque said...

Way to be a trooper and try another. They look delish!

Yes, I agree, picnic food here.

steph- whisk/spoon said...

braving a second piece, huh? hehe. they do look great!

Anonymous said...

Your brownies look wonderful!

Judy said...

I agree with you -- the brownies tasted even better the second day.

Engineer Baker said...

Definitely a picnic dessert, definitely better after a stint in the fridge. Yours look wonderful!

TeaLady said...

Yours were the first brownies I saw and they looked grand. It was hard to wait until they cooled.

♥Rosie♥ said...

Oh what great brownies they look amazing Tammy!

Anonymous said...

I love the look of your brownies! The brownie layer looks fudgey and the cookie layer looks just right!

Jaime said...

glad you came to love these, i thought they were great!