Tuesday, October 30, 2007

cupcakes and meatloaf


Last night I quickly made these cupcakes for a marketing thing at work. I was in a rush so used a new recipe for a melt and mix coconut and chocolate cake from the Donna Hay chocolate book. I iced them with chocolate ganache and sprinkled them with silver cachous. They are pretty simple but look quite cute.



Had a yummy dinner last night. I made a meatloaf using this recipe from Cuisine. Sometimes you just feel like something simple like meatloaf, potato and vegetables! I didn’t make the mushroom sauce (got home from work quite late) but it was really yummy with the roast beetroot, a rocket salad and agria potatoes which I thinly sliced, sprinkled with sea salt, drizzled with oil, layered and microwaved for 10 minutes. I then put them in the oven for about 10 minutes which crisped up the top a bit. I had intended on making potato gratin but time was pretty short and this actually worked out quite well. I love roast beetroot (organic from the Takapuna market!). I drizzled the beetroot with some balsamic drizzle from Telegraph Hill. This stuff is fabulous! It has the balsamic flavour but isn’t as acidic. It is great used as a salad dressing as well. I think everyone should have some of this in their cupboard.

No comments: