Tuesday, August 31, 2010

TWD - Espresso Chocolate Shortbread


This week’s TWD recipe is espresso chocolate shortbread and was chosen by Donna of Life’s Too Short not to Eat Dessert. I don’t like coffee but for some reason love espresso shortbread. I have a recipe I have used for years which is just plain espresso shortbread, but I dip the rounds of shortbread in melted dark chocolate.

This recipe is similar to that although uses white sugar instead of the brown sugar my other recipe uses. This recipe also has chocolate in it, but chopped chocolate or chocolate chips throughout the biscuits rather than dipped at the end. This shortbread was delicious! The chocolate chips were great (as anything with chocolate chips is!) and the espresso gave a lovely flavour. I would definitely make these cookies again, and may have to as they lasted only just over 24 hours in my household (I did halve the recipe though!). See what the other TWders thought here.

7 comments:

natalia said...

Ciao Tammy ! Nice cookies !

Katrina said...

Hi Tammy - these look delicious. What coffee did you use and did you roll into a log before chilling and cutting into slices?

Cakelaw said...

Your shortbread are impossibly gorgeous - I love the fact that you cut out circles as well.

Tammy said...

Hi Katrina

I used espresso powder (not a coffee drinker so I have no idea what kind of coffee it was!) I actally rolled the dough out and cut out circles

Tammy

steph- whisk/spoon said...

yes, they are so good! definitely worthy of repeats!

Jules Someone said...

Yum! I've certainly made these more than once!

Anonymous said...

I think my husband will fall in love with these! They look fabulous.