Thursday, November 15, 2007

double chocolate cookies


I made these double chocolate cookies last night as a gift. There seems to be a bit of a chocolate theme going on for me at the moment!!! I actually do have a tried and true double chocolate cookie recipe (in fact I usually make them triple chocolate by adding in chunks of white chocolate as well) that I actually created, but, as you can probably tell I do try and use all the cook books and magazines that I buy and so last night I made a recipe from the Donna Hay chocolate book. I have used this book quite a lot lately and I like it.



These cookies were great. I added another 1/2c flour to the recipe as the mixture was way too moist. The end result was quite large cookies, probably a little flatter than I would like, but crunchy on the outside and chewy in the middle, with lots of large chunks of chocolate. I would make them again!



Double Chocolate Cookies

110g softened butter
¾ c brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2c flour (this includes the extra half cup that I added)
¼ c cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
125g dark chocolate, melted
190g dark chocolate, roughly chopped

· Cream butter and sugar; add egg and vanilla
· Stir in flour, cocoa and baking soda, then melted chocolate
· Stir through chocolate chunks
· Roll into balls, put on tray and flatten slightly
Bake at 170 deg for about 14 minutes

6 comments:

steph- whisk/spoon said...

double chocolate...just my cup of tea. yum! and love your packaging. btw, i responded to a comment you left on my site...but in case you didn't see it, for upcoming blog events check out http://stickydate.blogspot.com/ and http://www.ismyblogburning.com/

Tammy said...

Thanks so much Steph. And thanks so much for looking at my blog! I love your blog - it is one that I aspire to!!!!

Tammy :0)

Anonymous said...

Hi Tammy
I have just read your blog and as always you have inspired me. This afternoon I will be making those beautiful cupcakes (or at least trying!). Just wanted to say really love those pinnies. I also have a real love of them.
Regards, Joanne

Anonymous said...

Hi there, wasn't sure how to contact you so i'm using the comments :)

We have just started an exciting project: setting up a new Kiwi blog directory, called Kiwiology.

The aim of Kiwiology is to collect and promote New Zealand blogs, blogs by Kiwis, about Kiwis and about New Zealand.

Why? Because Kiwis are awesome!

We are really excited to have your blog as part of Kiwiology, and if you visit the site you will find your blog already listed.

Hopefully though, you might have 2 minutes to check:
1. That you like your listing and it reflects the content of your blog in a way that you are happy with,
2. That your blog URL and feed URLs are current,
3. That we have listed your blog in an appropriate category.

We'd love to get the low down on what you think about Kiwiology and look forward to your suggestions.

Drop us a line if you'd like to make changes to the way your blog is listed!

Cheers,
Corinne Davies

Kiwiology - the New Zealand Blogosphere
www.kiwiology.com
mail@kiwiology.com

Anonymous said...

OMG Thank you Tammy!!! you so didn't have to. They turned up this morning and are a huge hit :D I will have to print the recipe out now I think :D :D

Neak :)

Anonymous said...

Teehee I made these for a mother's day pressie for my MIL. She loved them so much they make them at the cafe to sell :D