Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Apron obsession


I love aprons!!!! I am never in the kitchen without one on. A few weeks ago on Jane’s Apron, Julie posted about an apron that she bought from this gorgeous looking on-line shop. Unfortunately they don’t ship to NZ. But it got me and my friend, Jenny, thinking! Jenny is very crafty and has lots of clever crafty friends. Jenny e-mailed her friend Monique, I went to spotlight and got some fabric and here is the beautiful apron Monique has made me for me.


Isn’t she clever!!!! Monique also makes very cool bracelets and she has been making some for me for myself and for presents. You can see some of her designs on her blog. I am so delighted with my new apron and can’t wait for it to arrive!!!

Last night we had pork schnitzel for dinner. Loosley following a recipe from Cuisine I crumbed it in a mixture of panko crumbs, slivered almonds, thyme and parsley. My husband said it was the best schnitzel he has tasted. Not being a great pork lover I only had a small taste but it was pretty good. I served it with pommes fondant (basically potatoes kept whole but sliced almost the whole way through and cooked in chicken stock), some apples sautéed in butter with dried cranberries and asparagus (can’t get enough of the stuff!!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tammy what an absolutely delightful blog - makes me think I should get my A into G and do same! It reassures me to know that I am not the only one who obsesses about food et al - I will be coming back for more - yum! - Lynleyx