Monday, August 24, 2009

Hazelnut & Cinnamon Truffles


My sister gave me a bar of whittakers milk chocolate with hazelnuts. I love nuts and I love chocolate, but not together, so the chocolate had been waiting in the scullery for the opportune time to be used. (I eat the chocolate off scorched almonds and throw the almond out, even though I love almonds ordinarily by themselves). We were invited to a party on Saturday night which was one of those “no presents” parties – I personally will never have one of those!! I don’t count home made truffles as a present, so I used the milk hazelnut chocolate to make some truffles.



There was a recipe in a Donna Hay magazine a while ago for hazelnut and cinnamon truffles. I used this idea as a base, melting the 250g block of hazelnut chocolate with 100ml cream and 1 tsp cinnamon. Actually, I heated the cream in the microwave and then stirred it into the chocolate and cinnamon. I left the mixture in the fridge over night to set up (if you were doing the whole lot in one day, it would probably take about 3-4 hours to set up), rolled into balls using a melon baller and then rolled the balls in cocoa. So easy and so yummy.

5 comments:

Lesley said...

I can never understand those "no presents" parties either! I love giving as much as receiving too - especially when you're giving home-made.

Cakelaw said...

These look delicious, and a great way to use up the chocolate.

Anonymous said...

They look really good. Have you tried making them with real Cinnamon.

The Cinnamon that we buy in the US is actually Cassia and not Cinnamon. Real Cinnamon is much sweeter and you can reduce on the sugar.

Anonymous said...

Ooh...cinnamon+hazelnut sound delicious.

Anonymous said...

Ooh...cinnamon+hazelnut sound delicious.