Thursday, February 7, 2008

A wedding treat



My husband’s brother got married last weekend and I made these biscuits for him and my new sister-in-law. On mass they actually looked quite good – better than the photos I think. The recipe wasn’t one that I had used before and it had mixed dried fruit and brandy in it – I guess to simulate wedding cake? I didn’t have any mixed fruit, so I did a combination of dried cranberries and lemon peel.



I decided to cover the tops of the biscuits with fondant icing rather than royal icing. I had never done that before but had seen some photos in magazines and really liked the smooth finish. I will be doing it again! It was really easy and was a great way of making the icing nice and smooth. I rolled the icing out, cut it the same shape as the cookies and then stuck it on with a dab of royal icing. I then piped some little patterns on the cookies with royal icing.

I was really pleased with the effect – a bit of a novelty. I hope the bride and groom enjoyed them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look georgous, I am amazed at what you put your hand to, nothing seems to be too hard for you to try. Good on you. Lyn

Cakelaw said...

How beautiful - I am sure that the guests would have loved them. I think cranberries and lemon peel sounds better than mixed dried fruit!