Tuesday, February 19, 2008

something different



On Friday night I was home alone as my husband went to the pre-season league game. I spent the evening watching Trinny and Susannah on TV (I am an addict!) and making some cards – something that I haven’t done for a while. I had been to the scrapbooking shop during the day and bought some new paper. I was quite pleased with the outcome!



On Saturday we went up to Matakana to the farmers market. Once again we got some great organic produce – rocket, buttercrunch lettuces, cherry tomatoes, red chillies, Maori potatoes and Black Doris plums. Last night for dinner we had sausages on the bbq and I made a delicious salad that was in the most recent cuisine magazine. It was baby potatoes (I used Maori ones from the market) braised with rosemary and garlic, then red peppers and peas were added and at the end a dressing made from olive oil, sherry vinegar, anchovies and capers. I am not a big potato fan, but the flavours were gorgeous. I love anchovies and seem to be using them in recipes more and more lately.

2 comments:

Cakelaw said...

Hi Tammy, I love Trinny and Susannah too - unfortunately the current series is only on pay TV here, so I can't see it. As I've said before, I really dig your cards - those retro pattern pictures are delightful, and beat the modern pattern photographs hands down for character.

Tammy said...

Hi Cakelaw

I am very excited beacuse Trinny and Susannah are going to be Auckland next week!!!! I will be camping out at Westfield to see them!!

Thanks again for reading my blog and your motivating comments!!!

Tammy