Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Wee treats for Easter



Easter has been a lovely relaxing time for us. We normally go away at Easter and it was so nice to be at home! The weather has been fabulous and we have been doing lots of reading at the beach and swimming – it is so amazing living only 50m from the beach!! There has been a bit of cooking as well.



On Good Friday I made hot cross buns, which has become a bit of a tradition for us. I don’t put a lot of dried fruit in them, as I don’t like dried fruit. There is nothing like a home made hot cross bun! The texture is much nicer than the bought ones. I think I slightly over-cooked them this year, but my husband thought they were fine.



I also made these Easter biscuits to have something to give to people over Easter. They are chocolate and ginger biscuits which I have decorated with chocolate fondant icing and then iced with royal icing. I was pretty pleased with how they turned out.

Also, some exciting news and a confession!!! The exciting news is that my rose marshmallow cupcakes were picked for the All things Cupcake weekly cupcake collection! How cool is that!! I was so excited!!!

The confession is that I didn’t make the TWD recipe this week – the recipe was caramel flan (like a crème caramel). I didn’t make it because I have made crème caramel before and to be honest I don’t really love it that much. You can check out the other TWD flans here.

No comments: