Monday, September 29, 2008

Inspired by Peabody


One of my favourite blogs is Culinary Concoctions By Peabody. I love her wit, recipes and photos! I found this variation of Dorie Greenspan’s cookies on her blog. The original recipe is for World Peace Cookies – Peabody adds a new dimension by making them peanut butter world peace cookies, by adding peanut butter and peanut butter chips (something that we cant get here in NZ unfortunately).

These cookies are absolutely delicious. They have this great fudgey texture – crisp yet with the kind of chew that gets stuck in your teeth if you know what I mean! As I said we don’t have peanut butter chips in NZ, but a while ago at the Takapuna markets I bought these Reeses peanut butter candy coated bits – a bit like pebbles with peanut butter inside instead of chocolate. They are a good addition to the cookie, although the dough is of the roll and slice variety, so it is a bit hard to slice through the candy shells.

I would definitely recommend these cookies – the rolled dough freezes well too and you can slice and bake them straight from the freezer. Peabody's cookies look yummier than mine - check out the recipe here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Tammy your wee treats are fabulous. We loved the truffles and yo yo's notice I say loved!! as all gone except the quince paste. Thankyou so much.....its really nice to have something made for me for a change seeing as I usually do the making, once again...DIVINE!!!!...Jan

Cakelaw said...

These look delicious - the Reese's bits are very colourful against the chocolate.