Monday, July 6, 2009

You Want Pies with That - Taste of Summer


This month’s You Want Pies with That theme is “a taste of Summer”. It is the middle of winter here at the moment, so conjuring up summer pies was kind of a hard one. I think one of the things that signifies summer to me is berries – I love strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, any kind of berries! Last summer I bought a large 2 kilo box of blueberries and froze them in 1 cup plastic bag lots for muffin making over the winter. I thought that they would also make a good pie for the taste of summer pie.

I had some leftover chocolate pastry in the freezer, so used that to make these little blueberry cheesecake pies. The filling is basically a cheesecake filling using cream cheese, yoghurt, vanilla, eggs and sugar. I made the pies in large muffin tins and managed to get four. They are quite big though – probably just a little larger than a single serve. I did really like the chocolate base though. There is something about chocolate pastry which is just delicious! Check out the other pies here.

Taste of Summer Blueberry Pies

Chocolate shortcrust pastry to line tins
80g cream cheese
50g natural yoghurt
1 egg
40g sugar
½ tsp vanilla
½ c blueberries

• Line muffin tins with chocolate pastry and blind bake
• Beat together cream cheese, yoghurt, egg, sugar and vanilla until smooth and creamy
• Divide blueberries evenly among the cooled pie cases. Spoon over the cheesecake mixture evenly
• Bake at 180c for 22-25 minutes or until set

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks delicious !

Cakelaw said...

Aww, so cute and delicious!

Anonymous said...

I love your little tart/pie.

Lucy said...

I love desserts like this one which combine so many tasty flavours into one pud: fruit, cheesecake, chocolate: all in a pie..Mmm!