Friday, December 5, 2008

Last Night Wilton Course 3


Tuesday night was my last night of Wilton course 3. We had to do a tiered cake. I based mine on the one on the cover of one of my Peggy Porchen books. I was quite pleased with how it turned out, and I think with more practice I will get my roses looking a bit better. The cake is red velvet cake and I used the recipe from the Confetti Cakes recipe book.





I have really enjoyed the three wilton courses I have done this year. There is one more course and I am already booked in to do that next year. I know I am never going to be a great cake decorator, but I feel confident now to have a go, knowing that I can do it “good enough”!

I haven’t been doing any cooking this week, so can’t even tell you what dinner was last night as I have been out at functions every single night (other than Tuesday which was cake decorating). Next week is only two functions to attend, so there will be a bit more blog substance!

So, once again, a post with more photos than words!

9 comments:

NKP said...

Wow, that is beautiful. I wish I could do work like that.
You should be very proud of your talents!

Jacque said...

Holy cow! That is way fancier and prettier than any course 3 cake I've ever seen. I wonder if course 3 is different in your neck of the woods.... as in, it looks like they do fondant? We did a tiny bit of fondant in the first three courses here, and now they offer a fondant and gumpaste course...

Anyway, I'm off on a tangent. Your cake looks fantastic! You can be proud of yourself :)

Di said...

What a lovely cake! Some day I'll have the time to take the Wilton courses...

TeaLady said...

Wow! That is a gorgeous cake. And only 3 Wilton courses. I took the first two but am not ready to tackle fondant. You did a great job.

Anonymous said...

What do you mean not a great cake decorator. I would get you to decorate my cakes anytime, I think your work in fantastic...

Anonymous said...

The cake looks very pretty indeed Tammy.I have become interested in doing this myself,and have bought two books on the subject.Hopefully will go on to do a course at some stage.

Cakelaw said...

What a gorgeous cake!!! I think you did a fantastic job.

Snooky doodle said...

wow what a nice cake :)

Anonymous said...

Tammy it is just beautiful, not over the top just perfect & I so love the colours you have chosen, now I wonder what you are going to do with it. You really are very cleverperson. Lyn V