Tuesday, April 22, 2008

TWD - on hold until Thursday

My TWD challenge post for this week is going to be a couple of days late. I am hosting book club at my house this week and I thought Dorie’s carrot cake would be perfect for this. So, you wont get to see it until Thursday. Check out the other TWDers’ cakes here.



In the meantime, Cakelaw has tagged me for a six word memoir – that is describe yourself in six words. It is quite difficult to do! It was optional whether to add a photo. I don’t seem to have any digital photos of me, so I cropped this one of me at an Auckland Women Lawyers’ Association function last year (I am the president). I don’t normally have a double chin!! But this was the best I could do without putting in my work photo which is one of those lovely ones where it doesn’t really look like you!

Energetic
Driven
Confident
Fit and Healthy (yes, I know it is two words but they go together)
Impatient (one of my worst attributes)
Thoughtful and loving (my sister picked this one)

I also have to tag 5 other bloggers, so I pick:

Morven from Food, Art and Random Thoughts
Rachel from West Coast Kitchen
Caitlin from Engineer Baker
Rebecca from Ezra Pound Cake
Madam Chow from http://mzkitchen.com/

I apologise if you have already done this!!




And now, for some food talk. In the weekend I did a little bit of baking – banana and cinnamon loaves made from the one rather sad banana languishing in the bottom of the fruit bowl and these little orange cupcakes for my friend’s daughter, Elliot. She liked the icing on the cupcakes I made last week, so I made some more in the weekend, using up the little icing flowers that I made last week at my class. The cakes are orange cupcakes with lemon icing. A really simple recipe adapted from a Donna Hay magazine recipe. I made some mini ones and some normal sized ones.



Orange cupcakes with lemon icing (adapted from Donna Hay magazine)

120g butter
½ c castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 c flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
zest and juice of one orange


· Cream butter, sugar, vanilla and orange zest
· Beat in eggs, one at a time
· Stir in remainder of ingredients, spoon into cupcake cases and bake at 160c for 12 minutes for mini cakes and about 16 minutes for bigger cakes
When cold ice with icing made from icing sugar and enough lemon juice to make an icing consistency

3 comments:

Jennynz said...

She loves them thankyou! In between mouthfuls she declares "Tammy! made it!" and then after eating all the icing off she says "More flowers!"

Anonymous said...

Lovely photo! I said 'Hello Tammy!' and smiled back at you!
Stephanie X

Cakelaw said...

Hi Tammy, great meme! I love your photo - much better than those stiff, posed lawyer's profile ones. Once again, fantastic cupcakes.