Thursday, April 16, 2009

Sewing Not Baking


Hopefully next week I will have some more baking tales. In the meantime I did want to share with you this gorgeous pin cushion that my dear friend in London sent to me for my birthday. I got a sewing machine for my birthday and started sewing lessons in February. I have made my first item which is a summer weight dressing gown in a pretty floral fabric. Maybe one day I will be brave enough to post a photo of it. The one thing I didn’t have was a pin cushion, so I was so delighted when this lovely Cath Kidston one arrived in the post. Before we moved last week I cut out a pair of floral cotton lounge pants to wear in the evenings when I get home from work. I cant wait to sew them up – I may have to make some time in the weekend...



I also don’t know if I have ever blogged about my tea towel obsession. I love tea towels – I use so many of them, as I tend to use them more as handtowels when I am cooking. I have been buying new tea towels for our new house ever since we moved out of our old house about 20 months ago. Most of them are packed up still, but pictured above is a small selection of some that weren’t packed up that I have bought in the last couple of months. The only problem is that I cant bare to convert some of my old tea towels into rags.

5 comments:

Snooky doodle said...

cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh Tammy - that has to be the cutest pin cushion I have ever seen. That would inspire anybody to take up sewing. So pleased you are enjoying it - you will have to make a winters dressing gown now won't you? Wish I had known about your t-towel obsession. I would've got you one from L.A. - next time. Hugs Raewyn

tamz said...

haha, oh tammy, i am so glad i'm not the only one with a teatowel obsession! :) i bought a ten pack from Costco thinking i'd be able to give them away as gifts... i've used every one of them! :/

Cakelaw said...

What a sweet pincushion. I didn't know about your tea towel obsession before - but those towels are lovely.

Elyse said...

What a precious pin cushion! And I love your tea towel obsession--how endearing! You've got some great towels, too. So cute!